Terms & Conditions
Effective Date: February 1, 2022
2. Your Information.
If you choose to submit information to SyQuest, you agree that your personal information and other information you submit to SyQuest is true, accurate, and up to date at all times. You agree to immediately notify SyQuest if you suspect any breach of security related to this Website.
3. Your use of the Website.
- Modify, reproduce, or resell any part of the Website or SyQuest Content (as defined below);
- Use any robot, spider, data miner, or other automated or semi-automated means to extract or gather data from the Website;
- Penetrate or attempt to penetrate the security measures protecting the Website, including without limitation by hacking, password “mining,” or any other illegitimate means;
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, content, or information on the Website through any means not purposely made available through the Website;
- Intentionally disrupt the operation or functionality of the Website;
- Use this Website or SyQuest Content for any purpose prohibited or restricted by law;
- Otherwise use this Website or any SyQuest Content in any manner other than the manner in which it is intended to be used, unless you first obtain SyQuest’s express written consent; or
You further agree that you will not use the Website to:
- Impersonate another person, whether actual or fictitious, including without limitation impersonating any SyQuest employees or consultants;
- Post, disseminate, submit, transmit, host, share, and/or publish material that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, obscene, harmful, tortuous, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy, or that encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate;
- Transmit viruses, “Trojan horses,” chain letters, junk mail, “spam,” or bulk communications of any kind;
- Post, disseminate, submit, transmit, host, share, and/or publish advertisements or solicitations of business unless specifically permitted; or
4. Downloadable Content.
In its sole discretion, SyQuest may make available certain SyQuest Content available for download (“Resources”). You are granted a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license to access and use the Resources solely to: (a) download the Resources to your website viewing device for the purpose of viewing it; or (b) print the Resources for your personal or non-commercial, educational use.
5. Your Submissions to the Website.
The Website may allow you to post, disseminate, submit, transmit, host, share, and/or publish various materials and information (collectively, “User Materials”). You are solely responsible for your User Materials and the consequences of posting, disseminating, submitting, transmitting, hosting, sharing, and/or publishing and permitting others to download and use such User Materials on and/or to the Website.
By using the Website and posting, disseminating, submitting, transmitting, hosting, sharing, and/or publishing such User Materials on and/or to the Website, you represent and warrant that (a) you own the entire right, title, and interest in and to such User Materials, including without limitation the copyrights therein and thereto (or you otherwise possess sufficient rights in such User Materials, through a written agreement with the owner(s) of such rights, to grant the license, consent, and release herein), (b) you indemnify, defend and hold harmless (as provided in Section 14 below) and forever release and covenant not to sue SyQuest relating to such User Materials and use of the Website, and (c) such User Materials do not violate, infringe, and/or misappropriate the proprietary rights of any third party, including without limitation privacy and publicity rights.
You hereby grant to SyQuest and its agents, attorneys, representatives, predecessors, successors, affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, nominees, licensees, executors, administrators, assigns, media outlets/partners, and those acting with authority of the foregoing (collectively, “SyQuest Parties”), a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, and sublicensable right and license to use, share, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, excerpt, publicly display, publicly perform, host, cache, route, transmit, store, reformat, excerpt, edit, archive, index, crawl, create algorithms based on, modify, and/or transcode such User Materials in any and all formats and through any and all means and channels, including without limitation through streaming and downloading technologies, on the internet, in publications and advertisements, at scouting/recruiting events, and in kits distributed to the media. You also hereby irrevocably waive, as against the SyQuest Parties, all moral rights and rights of restraint in such User Materials. The license, consent, and release herein is binding upon you and your heirs, executors, administrators, successors, licensees, and assigns.
SyQuest, or third parties from whom SyQuest has permission, own the trademarks and service marks that are used on this Website. All rights are reserved by SyQuest and said third parties, and no implied rights are granted to you or any third parties. These and other graphics, logos, service marks, trademarks, and trade dress of SyQuest and its licensors may not be used without prior written consent of SyQuest or its licensor, as the case may be. Without limiting the foregoing, no SyQuest trademark or trade dress may be used in connection with any product or service that is not SyQuest’s in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among users, or in any manner that disparages or discredits SyQuest.
9. Intellectual Property.
Except for User Materials, all text, graphics, photographs, videos, user interfaces, trademarks, logos, taglines, animations, sounds, and music contained on or comprising the Website, including without limitation the design, structure, selection, organization, compilation, display, arrangement, expression, and “look and feel” of the Website, and the software comprising and/or embodying the SyQuest (collectively, the “SyQuest Content”), are owned, controlled, or licensed by or to SYQUEST, and are protected under applicable intellectual property laws, including without limitation copyright, trade dress, trademark, and/or patent laws. Your use of the Website gives you no ownership rights in the SyQuest Content.
You grant SyQuest a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, assignable, and transferable license to any feedback, submissions, ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques that you submit about this Website or SyQuest Content for any purpose (including, without limitation, commercialization) and without compensation to you.
10. Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
If you have reason to believe that material on this Website infringes your copyright, please send a notice by mail or email to the contact information listed in Section 18 below requesting that the infringing material be removed. The notice must contain the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright;
- A description of the work claimed to have been infringed, or a representative list of such works if the notice is intended to cover multiple works on the Website;
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material and where the material is located on the Website;
- Your contact information, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that has allegedly been infringed.
We reserve the right to remove any infringing material that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that is used without authorization by user of the Website. We also reserve the right to suspend or delete the account of any repeat offender.
11. Children’s Privacy.
You must be at least 13 years old to use this Website. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account or to post personal information on the Website. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal data without your consent, contact us.
12. Third-Party Sites.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability.
THIS WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED BY SYQUEST ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR AGAINST INFRINGEMENT. SYQUEST DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, LEGALITY, RELIABILITY, OR OPERABILITY OF INFORMATION, CONTENT, OR MATERALS ON THE WEBSITE, THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE WEBSITE, AND THE AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. SYQUEST CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULT FROM USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SYQUEST CONTENT. SYQUEST DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, FACILITIES, SERVICES, OR OTHER CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE. SYQUEST DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR COMMUNCIATIONS SENT FROM THIS SITE ARE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL EFFECTS.
SyQuest and its affiliates, third party suppliers, employees, agents, and directors, are not responsible or liable to you under any theory of liability or indemnity in connection with or related to your access or use of this Website or any of its content.
FURTHER, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SYQUEST WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOST PROFITS OR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL, RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF ITS CONTENT. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER OR OTHER EQUIPMENT. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SYQUEST’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY.
15. Interpretation and Disputes.
16. Entire Agreement.
17. Electronic Communications.
18. Contact Us.